2023 HWSETA Bursary Competition South Africa
HWSETA invites students to apply for the HWSETA Funded Undergraduate Bursaries Competition, for the 2023 academic year.
The Bursary Closing Date: 30 November 2022 (at 23h59)
About our bursary
Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA) is a skills development authority for the health, social development, and veterinary sectors in South Africa.
HWSETA is committed to creating an integrated approach to the development and provision of skilled workers in the health and social development field, to provide top-quality services.
Benefits of our Bursary
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation, and meals.
The HWSETA-funded undergraduate bursaries competition is being organised and administered by HWSETA and its related agencies.
Fields of study covered
2 bursaries will be awarded, for Undergraduate Degree studies in these fields:
- Health Science
- Social Science/ Social Development
- Veterinary Science
Requirements you need to apply for HWSETA Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen and resident
- You must have a valid South African ID Card or ID Book
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying toward one of the undergraduate degrees listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be taking Mathematics and Science as subjects in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must have achieved a Matric exemption with Mathematics and Science as subjects if completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75% in your previous year of study
- You must meet the entry requirements set by HWSETA and the tertiary institution
- You must NOT be a staff member of HWSETA or a related agency or promotional partner of HWSETA
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- You must read and agree to the HWSETA Bursary T&Cs
How to apply for HWSETA Bursary
Applications must be submitted by following these steps:
Step 1 Apply online at HWSETA Bursary Competition 2023 (the first step of the application process is to pre-qualify yourself and ensure you meet all the criteria of the bursary competition).
Step 2 Make a 30 to a 60-second video telling HWSETA why you should win the bursary (the video must NOT be longer than 1 minute).
Step 3 Publish your video on any of your personal social media accounts (Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram), tag @hwseta_sa, and use the hashtags #HWCareers and #HWCareerBursaries. You may also post the video to HWSETA’s social media accounts:
- Facebook: @HWSETA
- Twitter: @HWSETA_SA
- Instagram: @hwseta_sa
The selection Process
The HWSETA panel will select 5 to 10 finalists, and thereafter 2 preliminary finalists will be selected and move on to the vetting process.
Winners will be contacted via email and telephone and requested to submit these supporting documents (documents must be submitted within 2 weeks from request):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or copy of results (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of application/ registration at university (on institutions letterhead)
- Candidates that pass the vetting process and have their supporting documents verified, will then be invited to attend the interview.
After a successful interview, bursary recipients will be required to sign a Bursaries Contract and thereafter be announced a winner.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact HWSETA directly:
Tel: 011 607 6900
Contact form: https://hw-careers.co.za/contact/
Toll-Free Number: 0800 864 478
Digital marketing team, Active Brand Communications:
Tel: 011 454 4408