2023 Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursaries
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) is inviting students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
The Bursary Application closing date is 31 October 2022
About the Bursary
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in ANY field (entry-level/first-time study module/ undergraduate).
The CRET bursary aims to provide funding to students who may otherwise be overlooked by other bursary programmes – the programme considers the holistic needs of candidates, their potential, and student who with enough support, nurturing and mentoring, will become leaders of the future.
Aims of the Bursary
The total value of the bursary is dependent on the specific need of the student and is aimed at covering essential expenses. The bursary is capped at a certain value, which will be discussed
with the student before the Bursary Agreement is signed.
The bursary is awarded for 1 academic year at a time and will be renewable based on certain criteria (including academic results, commitment to the programme, communication policies and other criteria to be discussed with successful recipients).
Bursary recipients are NOT required to work back/ pay back the bursary after graduation, however, they will be expected to “pay it forward” by helping fellow members of their community.
The bursary may provide coverage for the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Books and other learning materials
- Small living stipend (where motivated)
Requirements you need to apply for the Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid South African ID number
- You must be between 16 and 27 years old
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards any entry-level or first-time study module/ undergraduate qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification that is NOT longer than 5 years
- You may be in any year of study may apply)
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology, TVET College or CET (skills development) College)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have strong communication skills
- You must have strong leadership and empathetic skills
- You must have high values
- You must be in financial need, with a total household income of NOT more than R650 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies in essential and scarce skills fields, as determined by the Department of Labour, various SETAs, and other labour and economic advisors
How to apply for the Bursary
Applications must be submitted online at Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Application 2023
Applicants are required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Note: For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) directly:
Tel: 011 592 6560
or contact Xhuma Support: https://support.xhuma.io/hc/en-us