2023 Bursaries of Drakenstein Municipality
Drakenstein Municipality is inviting students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Bursary Application Closing Date: 28 October 2022
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the municipal area (Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium, or Wellington), for studies in fields relevant to Local Government, specifically the following fields:
- Accredited Skills Programmes by accredited Learning Providers (including Digger-loader, Grasscutting, Hairdressing, Painting, Welding)
- Artisan Development Training qualifications (including Building Construction, Diesel Mechanics, Electrical: Heavy Current, Plumbing, Welding)
- Community and Social Development related fields
- Engineering fields (including Civil Engineering, Electro-Technical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering)
- Finance fields (including Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Management)
- Sports Administration, Public Administration & Services fields (including Firefighting, Human Resources, Law Enforcement, Public Management, and Traffic Management)
- Town & Regional Planning, Local Economic Development, and Tourism, Architectural Technology, Environmental, Water/ Wastewater, Solid Waste related fields
Requirements you need to apply for the Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must be permanently residing within the Drakenstein Municipal area (Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium, or Wellington)
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised and accredited Higher Education and Training institution in South Africa
How to apply for the Bursary
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory. If any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- 2022 June or September results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- 2021 final results or previous results, if not currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of application or admission at a recognised Higher Education and Training institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of course of study duration, scope, tuition fees, and banking details (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence: Drakenstein Municipality’s utility bill (certified copy)
- Parents or guardian’s proof of income (latest payslips if employed: certified copy/ affidavit from SAPS if unemployed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Ntomboxolo.Mandla@drakenstein.gov.za OR Inge.Frolicks@drakenstein.gov.za
(Insert the words “Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Human Resources Training and Development Section
Paarl Civic Centre
Berg River Boulevard
Applicants should attach their latest results (June or September 2022) and proof of application to a tertiary/learning institution to the application form.
Drakenstein Municipality’s current bursary holders continuing with courses will automatically qualify if their performances are within the provisions of the policy.
Only fully completed application forms with the required documentation will be considered. Should there be no feedback received by 31 January 2023, applicants may consider their application unsuccessful.
For any enquiries or assistance to complete the form, please contact Ms. Ntomboxolo Mandla at 021 807 4503 or Ms. Inge Frolicks at 021 807 6492. Completed application forms are to be sent to Ntomboxolo.Mandla@drakenstein.gov.za or Inge.Frolicks@drakenstein.gov.za, or hand de