Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA): Bursaries 2023
Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA) is inviting qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate degree studies within these fields:
- Applied Computing (BSc)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Informatics (BCom)
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Information Systems (BSc)
The IITPSA Bursary Programme aims to grow the IT industry and the South African economy, by providing financial support to talented, top-performing students, pursuing ICT-related studies, a skill that is in short supply in the country.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, textbooks and university-administered accommodation.
Bursary funding will be awarded for 1 academic year at a time and may be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance (the bursary will NOT cover any repeat subjects or modules).
Candidates will be required to partake in a formal assessment process before final selection is made, which may include but not be limited to an interview and a psychometric evaluation. The candidate’s financial needs will also be taken into consideration.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or registered for full-time study towards a 3 year Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Commerce degree, in one of the fields listed above
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in the latest examinations
- You must meet the entry requirements of your course of study
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public university in South Africa.
- Preference will be students who have completed and excelled in The Computer Programming Olympiad (a project of IITPSA)
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at IITPSA Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relates to your talents; interests, and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile).