2023 Bursaries of Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery
Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery is inviting qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Bursary Application Closing Date: 07 October 2022
Note: Canyon Coal bursaries are awarded based on academic merit.
Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields, to students who are interested in joining the Mining Industry:
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Geology (BSc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
- Mining Engineering
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days from the closing date – if you have not been contacted by 7 November 2022 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Requirements you need to apply for the Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2023
- You must be studying or provisionally accepted to study at a university in South Africa, in 2023
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all major subjects if currently studying
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students residing within the Bronkhorstspruit area
- Preference will be given to students in financial need
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have applied to study at a local tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
How to apply for the Bursary
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic records including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or application and fee statement (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians, or spouse (breadwinners) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents, guardians, or spouse (breadwinners) proof of income (latest payslip or letter from the company stating income if employed, balance sheet if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension if applicable – see page 8 of the application form for more details) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter to support your application, including details of your academic ability, financial need, and future career plans
- Proof of residence
Note: Final selection will be based on 2022 final results, which should be submitted to Canyon Coal within 20 days of receiving them.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).