Zutari Bursaries 2023
Zutari is inviting qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for BSc or BEng undergraduate degree studies, in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering and other related disciplines
Academic performance will be reviewed in June and in November each year, after receiving student’s exam results. Students will then continue to receive funding if their results are satisfactory, however, students who do not satisfy the minimum requirements will have their funding placed on hold until results improve.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to panel interviews. Candidates will then be selected based on 4 main criteria: academic performance, the field of study, financial need, and interview score.
Once students have graduated, they are required to enter into the Zutari graduate recruitment process, whereby they will be placed in a graduate role – graduates will complete one year of work for each year of bursary funding received.
Requirements you need to apply for the Zutari Bursaries
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate degree in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a university that is recognised or accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 80% AND a minimum of level 7 for Mathematics and Physical Science
- 1st-year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75%
- 2nd-year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- 3rd-year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be creative, passionate about infrastructure engineering, and passionate about making a positive impact in Africa
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups within South Africa
How to apply for the Zutari Bursaries
Applications must be submitted online at Zutari Bursary Application 2023