Park Shin Hye Profile
Park Shin hye (박신혜) (born February 18, 1990) is a South Korean actress and singer popularly known for starring in the television dramas, Stairway to Heaven (2003), Tree of Heaven (2006) as well as the film Miracle in Cell No. 7, Seoul 1945 (20006).
|Name:||Park Shin Hye|
|Date Of Birth:||18 February 1990|
|Place Of Birth;||Nam District, Gwangju, South Korea|
|Height:||168 cm (5’6″)|
|Weight:||45 kg (99 lbs)|
|Years Active:||2003 – Present|
|Net Worth:||$6.5 Million|
Early Life and Education
Park Shin-Hye was born on Feburary 18th, 1990 in Gwangju, Jeollanam-do, South Korea. Her family consists of her parents and one older brother. When Park Shin-Hye was in 6th grade at Hak-Kang Elementary School in Gwangju, she went to Seoul and auditioned in pop singer Lee Seung-Hwan’s music company “Dream Factory”. Through her relationship with Dream Factory, Park Shin-Hye began training as an actress, singer, and playing the guitar & keyboard. Her family also relocated to Seoul in 2001. After graduating from Youngpa Girls’ High School, Park attended Chung-Ang University. She studied there for eight years, then graduated with a degree in Theater in February 2016. Park received a service award at the convocation ceremony for her achievement as an artist ambassador for the university.
She debuted as an actress when she was only 13 years old. She became known when she played the younger version of Choi Ji-woo’s character in the popular Korean drama Stairway to Heaven in 2003, which boosted Park Shin-Hye’s profile among the Korean public. Park was cast in her first adult leading role in the South Korean-Japanese melodrama Tree of Heaven (2006). She then played her first antagonist role in romance comedy series Prince Hours, a spin-off to Princess Hours (2006). She made her film debut in the movie Evil Twin (2007). Park also hosted the variety program Fantastic Partner from (2006 to 2007), for which she was awarded Best Newcomer in a Variety Show at the MBC Entertainment Awards.
Park was more recognised after starring as a cross-dressing heroine in the romance comedy music drama You’re Beautiful (2009) alongside Jang Keun-suk. In 2010, Park starred in the low-budget romantic comedy film Cyrano Agency,
Park also voiced the main character of the animation film Green Days: Dinosaur and I. Park then starred in MBC’s youth melodrama Heartstrings (2011). In 2012, Park was cast in the third season of KBS drama special, Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost.
In 2013, Park featured in the comedy drama film, Miracle in Cell No. 7, which became one of the highest grossing Korean films, She went on to win the “Best Supporting Actress” award at the 33rd Korean Association of Film Critics Awards.The same year, Park co-starred alongside Lee Min-ho in The Heirs. In 2014, Park played the role of the Queen in historical film The Royal Tailor. The same year, Park starred in Pinocchio opposite actor Lee Jong-suk, Pinocchio became a hit, earning an estimated US$5.62 million for broadcasting rights in just one year. In 2016, Park made her small-screen comeback in SBS’ medical drama Doctors.
She then featured in the comedy film My Annoying Brother as a judo coach, alongside actor Jo Jung-suk and Do Kyung-soo
she starred in tvN’s fantasy suspense drama Memories of the Alhambra alongside Hyun Bin, playing double roles as a hostel owner, and a guitar-player NPC. The series was a commercial success and became one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television history. In 2020, Park starred in the disaster film ‘Alive’. She starred in the thriller film The Call in the same year. In 2021, Park starred in the time-travel thriller Drama Sisyphus: The Myth alongside Cho Seung-woo.
Park has become one of the most in demand endorsers after her hit drama Pinocchio (2014–2015). Park is the first Korean star to be chosen as a model for Visa, and the first Korean celebrity to be chosen as a global ambassador for Austrian jewelry brand Swarovski. Brands like Mamonde and Bruno Magli reportedly saw a surge in sales due to Park. She is the face of Korean cosmetic brand Mamonde since 2014. Park also endorses several international brands, including Italian luxury brand Bruno Magli, French outdoor clothing brand Millet and Filipino clothing brand Bench. British jewellery brand Olivia Burton also chose Park as its first ever brand ambassador for Korea.
On 7, March , 2018, it was confirmed that she is in a relationship with actor Choi Tae Joon since late 2017. On 23, November , 2021, Park Shin-Hye & Choi Tae-Joon’s management companies announced that they will marry January 22, 2022 in Seoul.
Park Shin-Hye is pregnant with their first child. They got married on January 22, 2022, in presence of friends and family in a church ceremony in Seoul.
It was announced by Park’s agency SALT Entertainment that Park Shin-Hye gave birth to a boy. Both Park and the baby are in good condition. Choi Tae Joon is now a father.
- Sisyphus: The Myth (시지프스) | JTBC & Netflix / 2021 – Gang Seo Hae
- Memories of the Alhambra (알함브라 궁전의 추억) | tvN / 2018-2019 – Jung Hee Joo / Emma
- Temperature of Love (사랑의 온도) | SBS / 2017 – Yoo Hye Jung (cameo ep. 21)
- Entertainer (딴따라) | SBS / 2016 – Assistant Manager Park (cameo ep. 3)
- Gogh, The Starry Night (고호의 별이 빛나는 밤에) | Sohu TV / SBS / 2016 – Convenience store part-timer (cameo ep. 8)
- Doctors (닥터스) | SBS / 2016 – Yoo Hye Jung
- Pinocchio (피노키오) | SBS / 2014-2015 – Choi In Ha
- Flower Boy Next Door (이웃집 꽃미남) | tvN / 2013 – Ko Dok Mi
- The Heirs (상속자들) | SBS / 2013 – Cha Eun Sang
- The King of Dramas (드라마의 제왕) | SBS / 2012-2013 – Actress (cameo ep. 1)
- Heartstrings (넌 내게 반했어) | MBC / 2011 – Lee Kyu Won
- My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox (내 여자친구는 구미호) | SBS / 2010 – Go Mi Nyeo (cameo ep. 6)
- High Kick Through the Roof (지붕뚫고 하이킥) | SBS / 2010 – Jeong Hae Ri (cameo ep. 119)
- You’re Beautiful (미남이시네요) | SBS / 2009 – Go Mi-nam / Go Mi Nyeo
- Kimcheed Radish Cubes (깍두기) | MBC / 2007-2008 – Jang Sa Ya
- Goong S (궁S) | MBC / 2007 – Shin Sae Ryung
- Tree of Heaven (천국의 나무 ) | SBS-Fuji TV / 2006 – Ha Na
- Seoul 1945 (서울 1945) | KBS1 / 2006 – Choi Geum Hee
- Cute or Crazy (귀엽거나 미친) | SBS / 2005 – HerselfNot Alone (혼자가 아니야) | SBS / 2004 – Editor’s daughter
- Stairway to Heaven (천국의 계단) | SBS / 2003-2004 – young Han Jung Seo
- Call (콜) | 2020 – Seo Yeon
- Alive (#살아있다) | 2020 – Kim Yoo Bin
- Heart Blackened (침묵의 목격자) | 2017 – Choi Hee Jung
- My Annoying Brother (형) | 2016 – Lee Soo Hyun
- The Beauty Inside (뷰티 인사이드) | 2015 – Woo Jin (cameo)
- The Royal Tailor (상의원) | 2014 – Queen
- Miracle in Cell No. 7 (7번방의 선물) | 2013 – adult Ye Seung
- Cyrano Agency (시라노; 연애조작단) | 2010 – Min Young
- The Evil Twin (전설의 고향) | 2007 – So Yeon / Hyo Jin
- Love Phobia (도마뱀) | 2006 – Byeon Ja
- 2016 SBS Drama Awards | Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Fantasy & Genre Drama (“Doctors”)
- 2016 SBS Drama Awards | Top 10 Stars (“Doctors”)
- 2015 Baeksang Arts Awards | Most Popular Film Actress (“The Royal Tailor”)
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards | Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special (“Pinocchio”)
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards | Top 10 Stars Award (“Pinocchio”)
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards | Best Couple Award with Lee Jong Suk (“Pinocchio”)
- 2014 APAN Star Awards | Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries (“The Heirs”)
- 2014 Baeksang Arts Awards | Most Popular TV Actress (“The Heirs”)
- 2013 SBS Drama Awards | Excellence Award, Actress in Drama Special (“The Heirs”)
- 2013 SBS Drama Awards | Top 10 Stars Award (“The Heirs”)
- 2013 SBS Drama Awards | Best Couple Award with Lee Min Ho (“The Heirs”)
- 2013 Korean Association of Film Critics Awards | Best Supporting Actress (“Miracle in Cell No. 7”)
- 2013 Baeksang Arts Awards | Most Popular Film Actress (“Miracle in Cell No. 7”)
- 2012 Baeksang Arts Awards | Most Popular TV Actress (“Heartstrings”)
- 2011 Baeksang Arts Awards | Most Popular Film Actress (“Cyrano Agency”)
- 2009 SBS Drama Awards | New Star Award (“You’re Beautiful”)
- 2003 SBS Drama Awards | Best Young Actress (“Stairway to Heaven”)
Park Shin Hye has a net worth of $6.5 million.