Northam Booysendal Platinum: Bursaries 2022
Northam Booysendal Platinum is inviting qualified South African students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
The bursary online application closing date is 16 September 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Geology (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Human Resources (1 bursary to be awarded
- Metallurgy (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- Mining Engineering (6 bursaries to be awarded)
- Mining Survey (1 bursary to be awarded)
Bursaries awarded to current Matric students will be subject to the outcome of the final Matric exams.
Booysendal Platinum is an equal employment opportunity employer and therefore reserves the right to select candidates in line with the Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered)
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric (for technical positions only)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institute in South Africa
- You must have passed all subjects in 2nd term exams, if currently in Matric
- You must have passed all 1st-year subjects, if currently in your second or later year of study
- You must be hard-working and self-motivated
- Preference will be given to students residing within the local community (Mashishing, Roossenekal, and Steelpoort), however, students from other areas may still apply
How to apply
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration, if available (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Full and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (with a community stamp)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: HRapplicationsBD@norplats.co.za (Insert the words “BURSARIES (REF: BDHR42/22)” in the email subject line).