JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary 2023
Johannesburg Stock Exchange is inviting South African students to apply for JSE Empowerment Bursary Programme academic year 2023
Bursary Application Closing Date: 7 October 2022
About our Bursary
JSE Empowerment Fund runs a bursary programme to provide financial assistance to a certain number of students every year. The aim is to uplift the community and improve the South African labor market. It’s a multidisciplinary bursary with funding provided in more than one field of study.
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the need, JSE will cover either half or the entire tuition cost.
Shortlisted candidates will get more details on the benefits, coverage, and amount. JSE will contact the shortlisted candidates soon after the closing date. If you do not receive any emails or communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
The JSE Empowerment bursaries will be awarded in the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
Requirements you need to apply for Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matriculation
- You must be pursuing a degree in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- You must be in the second, third, or fourth year of study or Postgraduate (Honours) level of study
- You must be studying full-time and not part-time
- You must have a strong academic track record
- For undergraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- For postgraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- Total household income shouldn’t exceed R 350,000 per annum
How to apply for The JSE Empowerment Fund
Applications must be submitted online at the JSE Career Page
If this is your first time, sign up and create an account. If not, you can sign in to your existing account. Read through all the instructions and complete the fields.
You can also apply using the Pnet portal. Click on the Apply Now button to get started.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric certificate(certified copies)
- Complete academic records or transcripts, including the latest results (must be on institution letterhead)
- Certificate of your undergraduate qualification, if pursuing a postgrad degree (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- A declaration stating that they’re JSE dependent, for JSE dependents only
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details on the bursary programme, contact JSE at:
Telephone – 011 520 7000
Email – email@example.com / NomvulaP@jse.co.za