Howick High Internships 2023
Howick High is inviting South African unemployed graduates to apply for the Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Internship Location: Howick, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Internship Closing Date: 23 September 2022
The Governing Body invites applications from suitable candidates to undertake
ONE-YEAR INTERNSHIPS (2023)
Requirements and Skills required for Internships 2023
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Teaching Internships: currently studying for a Bachelor of Education degree, or another degree with the aim of studying a PGCE, with a desire to make a career of teaching and a commitment to ongoing professional development. Experience in coaching sports would be an advantage. Registration with SAGE will be required during the year, if not already obtained. One of the positions will be for isiZulu First Additional Language.
- Sports Internship: currently studying a BSc in Sports Science or Human Movement Science or a PGCE or related degree with recognized coaching qualifications and experience in coaching school sports. An understanding of the integration of sports programs in the school environment will be advantageous.
- Computer literate with strong administration skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Honesty, thoroughness, integrity, and good initiative
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of responsibility and discipline
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- A valid driver’s license. A willingness to hold a Public Driving Permit (PDP) would be advantageous.
- If required, a willingness to assume duties at the hostel and reside on the premises would be a recommendation.
How to apply for Internships 2023
A concise CV, with at least 3 contactable references, and proof of studies can be emailed to WorkWithUs@howickhigh.co.za for the attention of the Principal, Mrs. L. Farquharson.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offense, as well as provide a police clearance certificate. Howick High School is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We reserve the right not to make an appointment for this position. If you should not receive a response by 31 October 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. No further correspondence will be entered into. In line with the POPIA.