Bank of America: Investment Banking Analyst Graduate Internships 2023
Bank of America is inviting South African unemployed graduates to apply for Investment Banking Analyst Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Internship Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Internship Closing Date: Not specified
Your training and development are our top priorities with extensive formal training offered at the start of the programme in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture, and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer, and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. That’s why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organisations gain funding more safely, rapidly, and globally than ever.
Join us and we’ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. You’ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks, and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we’ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives, and skills, so if you’re as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Full-Time Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product, and country coverage groups providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging the full spectrum of the Bank’s capabilities
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career opportunities
- Required Education:
Note: Candidates are required to be recent graduates, or in their final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Displaying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English is essential for all our roles and local language is required for regional roles
- Influencing decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- You’ll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Teamwork, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided