Afgri: Internships 2022 / 2023
Afgri is inviting South African unemployed graduates to apply for the Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Internship Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Internship Closing Date: 21 October 2023
About the role
Assist in analyzing financial and business information and assist with preparing recommendations to management that enable the Group to make well-informed investment decisions and to value its businesses accurately.
Minimum Education/Training Required
B Com degree in;
Minimum Work Experience Required
- Experience in the financial sector would be an added advantage.
- Study and analyze information influencing investment programs (price, yield, stability, and future trends in the investment risk).
- Research and analysis of markets.
- Extract data needed using Excel from management and websites.
- Analyze data to identify trends, and produce reports and charts communicating trends within data to business stakeholders.
- Present information generated from data to management teams.
- Interpret financial results in the form of reports and financial models.
- Assist in the process of planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring investment opportunities.
- Assisting management in the preparation of investor information and communication as well as the preparation of financial models.
- Assist in identifying business process improvements (Cost savings or efficiency improvements).
- Performing predictive analytics in support of optimizing end-to-end business processes.
- Assist in the due diligence process (models, business plans, reports, and presentations) of assigned new ventures and/or divestments.
Relevant Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of valuation methodologies
- MS Office Suite.
- Ability to write reports and present outputs.
- ERP System Knowledge would be an added advantage
- Ability to handle constructive feedback
- Team player
- Results driver
- Ability to work with people and data
How to apply for an Internship
Please Note: The correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for their interest. The filling of these positions will be aligned with AFGRI’s Employment Equity Policy